Book Me As Your Next Speaker
Are you looking for someone to present or speak on topics that will help small businesses increase revenue and grow their client list? I can help!
If you’re looking for a speaker for your business networking group, corporate event, conference or other event I am available to speak on the following topics:
- Why Your Business Needs Written Processes to Grow and Scale
- How Business Processes Prevent Costly Mistakes
- Creating Personalized and Powerful Follow Up Messages to Uncover Hidden Revenue
- How to Confidently Follow Up a Second Time
- Why You Need to Follow Up with Current and Previous Clients to Increase Revenue
I’m very comfortable speaking to groups of all sizes. In my government roles as a project manager, strategic account manager, and communications manager, I presented to audiences of all sizes on projects led by me and my team, as well as customer communication topics. Since starting my own businesses, I have used my speaking and presentation skills to:
- Hold monthly in person workshops and seminars on process and follow up topics, November 2016 – present.
- Host my podcast, The Fitness Marketing Q&A Show, 2012 – 2014.
- Co-host The Fitness Professional Show, 2014 – 2105.
- Taught monthly social media seminars at the non-profit, Community Business Partnership, 2013 – 2014.
Upcoming speaking engagements
- How to Confidently Follow Up a Second (Third, or More) Time, Girl Boss Networking Event, 8/4/17
- Unlock Your Hidden Revenue: Create Personalized and Powerful Follow Up Messages, Awesome Women Entrepreneurs, 1/24/18
Past speaking engagements
In my current business as a process and follow up consultant for small businesses, i’ve presented the following:
- Using Technology to Streamline Your Business Activities, Upgrade Your Childcare Business for Success Conference, 5/13/17
- Improve Your Workplace Processes and Efficiencies, Community Business Partnership Business Incubation Center Meet Your Neighbor Event, 4/3/17
- How to Confidently Follow Up a Second (Third or Fourth) Time, Marketing, Mindset, and Money Summit, 5/22/17
- Why Your Small Business Needs Written Processes to Grow and Scale, Community Business Partnership First Friday Networking Breakfast, 6/2/17
As a social media and communications strategist, November 2011 – October 2015, i presented on social media, developing your online brand personality and customer engagement strategies.
- Getting Started on Social Media for Businesses – Doterra Conference, 8/2/14
- Developing Online Courses to Grow Passive Income – Community Business Partnership First Friday Networking Breakfast, 9/5/14
- Creating Online Courses: How to Find the Right Tools and Platforms – Femworking Small Biz BootCamp, 7/22/14
- Using Social Media to Promote Your Business – Vienna Business Association, 6/13/14
- Effective Social Media for Business – Business Women’s Network Vienna, 2/14
- What Not to Say on Social Media – Centreville Rotary with Lisa Karl, 12/13
- Cut Through the Online Noise: Getting the Attention of Your Ideal Customer – Undergrad Sports Communication Class, George Mason University, 10/13
- Effectively Communicating Your Brand’s Voice – Undergrad Health Communications Class, George Mason University, 10/13
- Getting Started on Social Media for Businesses – Community Business Partnership 1st Friday Networking Breakfast, 9/12
Thank you for sharing your expertise with our child care providers [at the Upgrade Your Childcare Business for Success Conference]. Your energy and enthusiasm was wonderful. They were eager to use the business process knowledge you shared.
~ Kerri Ralston, Fairfax County, Office For Children
The entire [Follow Up Like A Boss!] seminar was truly amazing! Lisa is a natural talent. I was lucky enough to attend a seminar with her today that felt like more of a private session. The entire program was truly amazing! Her insight and wisdom about professional follow-up techniques was spot on. I haven’t taken notes like this at a training in more than 20 years. If you get the chance to participate in any of her workshops or seminars and i hope that you will; it will be well worth it, at any price.
~ Marvin Powell, CoFounder of the Northern Virginia Business Referral Roundtable
You not only broke our attendance record on that date, but those who came but didn’t get a place at the table told me that they didn’t mind not eating lunch. They felt lucky to be able to hear your extremely informative presentation on using social media for your business and ask questions.
~ Susanne Boehm, Committee Member, BWN Vienna
I asked Lisa Shaughnessy to speak to two undergraduate communications classes I teach at George Mason University. Her talk about defining and being true to your brand voice on social media gave my students an invaluable peek into how businesses should be communicating. She was an engaging and dynamic speaker who really knew her stuff! If you’re looking for a speaker on social media or how your brand communicates online I highly recommend Lisa.
~ Suzie Carmack, Health Communication Scholar at George Mason University
Lisa Shaughnessy presented “Getting Started with Social Media For Businesses” at one of the Community Business Partnership’s First Friday networking breakfasts. The positive response led to her teaching monthly social media seminars for us. The small business owners who attended Lisa’s seminars gave very positive evaluations at the end of each class and walked away with actionable information to grow their online presence every time.
~ Pauline Leitch, Director of the Women’s Business Center of Northern Virginia
I enjoy speaking about the topics I’m passionate about and want to help fellow business owners so I adjust my compensation based on proximity to where I live (Northern Virginia) and type of event (small business group, conference, etc.)
For smaller business groups in the Washington DC metro area I am happy to speak at no charge. For speaking engagements at company events, conferences, etc or outside the DC metro area I am more than happy to discuss compensation. I understand that many times there is a limited budget and the compensation may be limited to a ticket to the event.
Please feel free to contact me to discuss your event.